Thursday, July 1, 2010

Last week in FL

So this week is my last week in Gainesville - actually, in Florida, for that matter. Well, since my family and lots of my friends are in Florida, I'm sure I'll be coming back to visit for holidays and breaks. So I guess technically, my last week in Florida was a couple weeks ago since I already "moved" to Raleigh. Right now I'm just in Gainesville as more of an extended visit, seeing people and taking care of some move-out duties. Anyway, in less than a week I'll be up in NC, starting a new life (or at least that's what it feels like right now). It's crazy. I'm sad about leaving the people I love down here but I'm also really excited - new place and VET SCHOOL, so soon! Of course, I'm also pretty nervous. Everything will be so different.


Update on some vet school stuff: By now I have submitted any forms that were due by today and tomorrow. That includes a bunch of forms for the student services office but it also includes my books order form, my supplies order form, and my second white coat ceremony form (the one concerning my presenter). Also, finally today my financial aid/FAFSA stuff has been worked out and I can finally see what they're offering me. Honestly, it's less than I was expecting but I might be able to make it work. Otherwise, I might have to look into getting an extra small loan from elsewhere. I'll have to crunch some numbers before I decide on all that. Another thing I have left to do is take an online Myers-Briggs personality test and some other type of test (I forget right now what it's called). Both those I still have a few weeks to complete. Speaking of that, we received an email giving us more details about our orientation. The information about those personality tests was included in that email. Oh man, Orientation actually seems like it might be a little rough. Compared to classes, I'm sure it will be a breeze but still, the orientation schedule is pretty jam-packed.


Oh, and we finally got our Big Sib assignments! So I've spoken with her via email a few times now. Right when I first heard from her I was in the middle of moving and then in a rush to get some last minute stuff submitted by July 1st but now that all that is taken care of I've gotten a chance to ask her some questions just about vet school in general. So far, she's made me feel a little less nervous about the difficulty level of it and the fact that I'll probably have to work while in school. She didn't make the "job while in vet school" thing seem as scary as some people have.


...so I got distracted from this post and lost my train of thought (yes, I have trains of thought even if it doesn't seem like my thoughts ever follow any type of normal "track") so I'll just end this post for now.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment